- When did you start at CrossFit Bangor:
August of 2016 right after the new gym opened
- Proudest CrossFit accomplishment:
My proudest accomplishment is a toss up between finally snatching 95# after a long overdue hip surgery which was a defining moment for me emotionally in regards to the struggles that living with that posed all of my life and the elusive bar muscle up.
- Favorite lift, metcon, or both:
Favorite lift depends on the day. Love learning them all. Well maybe not the overhead squat!:))
- A movement or workout you’re hoping to improve this year:
Definitely favorite workout is Fran! LOVE pull-ups and thrusters ! Shh don’t tell anyone I might get attacked!
- Biggest surprise since starting at CrossFit Bangor:
Biggest surprise is how much the community has improved my life. Working out with a team of friends everyday. It doesn’t get any better than that. Except when Ben joins me and then maybe!:)
- Advice for new members or friends who have yet to try CrossFit:
Advice… don’t wait a year like I did because you think you need to be more fit or can’t do those lifts, moves, etc. It has been three years for me and I still can’t do all the things, but there is always something I can do and there will always be something you can do too!
- Favorite Maine place to recommend to other members or visitors:
Some non CrossFit interests include biking, hiking , hanging with the family. I am also addicted to YouTube! Mostly CrossFit videos! I can’t help it!:)
This community is great! I can’t imagine my life without it!