Our next Member of the Month is Brad Veitch
- When did you start at CrossFit Bangor: March 2018.
- Proudest CrossFit accomplishment: First RX workout (it involved a lot of pull-ups)
- Favorite lift, metcon, or both: They are ALL good (except snatches or kipping due to my shoulders). Love a metcon that has a healthy dose of cardio.
- A movement or workout you’re hoping to improve this year:I have loads of movements to improve on which is one of the things I love about crossfit. Right now, I would like to work on ‘toes to rings’. Caleb told me to try them for a workout that he was coaching, and I was surprised that it didn’t hurt my shoulders (shout-out to Artie who said he would do it with me).
- Biggest surprise since starting at CrossFit Bangor: The spirit of our community of people that cross paths in the box. Athletes, coaches and owners are: accepting, encouraging, funny, hard-working, and driven towards the common goal of better health and conditioning. My time at the box allows me to escape the stress and worry of daily life as I enjoy the company of friends with the common goal of self-improvement. It is often the best part of my day.
- Advice for new members or friends who have yet to try CrossFit:Do it! Everyone is at a different level that is unique to themselves, it’s all about finding out what you are capable of. The intensity of the workouts is motivating, I only wish I had started sooner.
- Favorite Maine place to recommend to other members or visitors:Gulf Hagas, the Grand Canyon of Maine.
Additional thoughts: Just thankful to be part of such a great crew.
Love ‘the legend of bike 11’.