We are seeking a highly motivated fitness enthusiast who will follow and respect our core values and coaching techniques.
CrossFit Bangor is seeking a Part-Time CrossFit Level 1 Trainer in Bangor, Maine. Our goal is to grow the CFB community by utilizing effective, efficient and fun fitness. We design programs to help athletes achieve their fitness goals inside and outside the box. As a part of CrossFit, athletes are guided, motivated and coached every step of the way through unique and structured workouts.
Beyond fitness, CrossFit Bangor is a community of strong, healthy individuals who work hard, play hard and have fun! We are invested in our athletes and support them not only in the box, but also with life achievements outside the box.
We are currently looking for a professional and experienced coach so we can continue to grow CrossFit Bangor and our offerings to members. The role of the Coach will be to exude the vision and mission of CrossFit Bangor, which is changing the lives of people in our community through the awakening of what their mind and body can do when nutrition, CrossFit and community are valued highly and made a part of their daily lives. In other words, “If you let it, this place will change you.”
The CrossFit Coach is responsible for the following:
- Guide athletes through daily workouts (WODs), while creating a fun and productive atmosphere for them to achieve their goals.
- Understand and demonstrate functional movements, understand and explain the CrossFit methodology, and have the necessary skills to scale and modify movements and/or workouts for any ability level and/or physical limitation that a member may have.
- Must possess an excellent working knowledge of CrossFit principles, strength and conditioning techniques/programming, mobility techniques and anatomy and physiology
- Must have excellent “People Skills” and the ability to effectively lead groups in a manner that will educate, entertain and inspire our clients on a daily basis
- Start and end class on time.
- Welcome any new members or prospects.
- Sign in and account for all athletes attending each class.
- Wear proper coaching attire.
- Handle basic membership inquiries; provide information about our program and schedule intro sessions. Assist with sales of new memberships and merchandise.
- Teach additional programs, such as endurance programs, strength clinics, etc. (Continued education encouraged.)
- Participate in community events that take place throughout the year.
- Provide athletes with health and fitness guidance on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives.
- Assist in keeping all the gym area and its equipment clean and organized. At CrossFit Bangor, our members’ safety and happiness is of the utmost importance, followed closely by the achievement of their goals, as well as the camaraderie and community among members and staff. It will be up to you as the Coach to lead by example and, on a daily basis, foster and strengthen the community we have created.
- CrossFit L1, additional certifications desirable
- CPR/AED Certified
Estimated Time Commitment:
- 10-20 hours/every two weeks
- Coach/Owner meetings up to 1x/month
- Encouraged and challenged to assist the development of new programs and services.
- Work on individual projects, and implement other initiatives under direction from the owners.
- Opportunities to earn more revenue through other programs, activities, or initiatives set forth by the owners.
Job Type: Part-Time Job: Bangor Maine
Job Type: Employee
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour based upon experience
- CrossFit Coach: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Occasional)
- Evening (Must)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CrossFit level 1?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references to email@example.com