- When did you start at CrossFit Bangor?
I started at CrossFit Bangor in July 2015 at the old building. My sister signed me up without telling me about it.
- Proudest CrossFit accomplishment:
It is hard to say. My proudest CrossFit accomplishments are my first toe to bar, rope climb and pull ups.
- Favorite lift, metcon, or both:
I like a workout that involves running. I also like EMOM workouts because they are a way to go out of your comfort zone to focus and practice on certain movements such as double unders, toes to bar, etc.
- A movement or workout you’re hoping to improve this year:
Rowing, bike, and wall balls. I was struggling to hit the high target with a 10 lb medicine ball two years ago. I now can hit the high target. My goal is to use a heavier wall ball and do the same thing.
- Biggest surprise since starting at CrossFit Bangor:
My biggest surprise was enjoying showing up to class, feeling motivated, the wonderful atmosphere and community. And also the passion that everyone has. I also surprised myself in an EMOM workout where I got my first toe to bar.
- Advice for new members or friends who have yet to try CrossFit:
My advice for new members is not to be intimidated. The coaches are excellent. Take one day at a time. We are all in this together!
- Favorite Maine place to recommend to other members or visitors:
My Favorite Maine place to visit is Acadia National Park, Fields Pond, and Schoodic Point.
- My non CrossFit interests are cooking, baking, theatre, arts, music, and traveling.