- When did you start at CrossFit Bangor:
I started at CrossFit Bangor in January 2018.2. Proudest CrossFit accomplishment:
I was really proud to complete the marathon row last year, and my first rope climb was really exciting…but I still have to work on getting down safely…
3. Favorite lift, metcon, or both:
I’m learning to love deadlifts and back squats because they’re fairly straight forward and you can really see yourself progress and gain strength.
4. A movement or workout you’re hoping to improve this year:
I really struggle with pushups and pull-ups so definitely those, and all the other ones, too… but
5. Biggest surprise since starting at CrossFit Bangor:
I’m surprised at how much I love coming to classes and being part of this community. My personality tends to avoid this type of environment, but at Crossfit, I love it! I honestly didn’t think I’d stick with it very long, but here I still am!! Go figure…
6. Advice for new members or friends who have yet to try CrossFit:
If I can do it, anybody, and I mean anybody can do it. You will get the help and support you need to learn, grow, and progress every time you show up. Everybody supports each other regard of skill level, and you will be inspired and challenged every day.
7. Favorite Maine place to recommend to other members or visitors:
Acadia National Park is amazing, and everyone should summit Katahdin at least once.
8. Non CrossFit interest(s):
I love hiking, my dogs and cats, traveling to underserved countries for medical missions, and I absolutely love my career in health care.
9. Additional thoughts you’d like to share!
I am so grateful and privileged to be a part of this community, and to the coaches for all the patience and support extended in helping me to continue to develop my skills… you all are amazing!