EXTENDED WARM-UP ON A
10:00 RUNNING CLOCK
Build Load & Refine Technique for Workout
NCFIT BENCHMARK WORKOUT
“THE CALI BEAR”
EVERY :30 FOR 20 MINUTES
1 Power Clean & Jerk (225/155)|(155/105)
*Beginners should scale weight to a moderate load and perform 2-3 reps on the minute, resting as needed to ensure proper mechanics.
COOL DOWN FOR RECOVERY 3:00 Slow Bike 3:00 Foam Rolling
We are seeking a highly motivated fitness enthusiast who will follow and respect our core values and coaching techniques.
CrossFit Bangor is seeking a Part-Time CrossFit Level 1 Trainer in Bangor, Maine. Our goal is to grow the CFB community by utilizing effective, efficient and fun fitness. We design programs to help athletes achieve their fitness goals inside and outside the box. As a part of CrossFit, athletes are guided, motivated and coached every step of the way through unique and structured workouts.
Beyond fitness, CrossFit Bangor is a community of strong, healthy individuals who work hard, play hard and have fun! We are invested in our athletes and support them not only in the box, but also with life achievements outside the box.
We are currently looking for a professional and experienced coach so we can continue to grow CrossFit Bangor and our offerings to members. The role of the Coach will be to exude the vision and mission of CrossFit Bangor, which is changing the lives of people in our community through the awakening of what their mind and body can do when nutrition, CrossFit and community are valued highly and made a part of their daily lives. In other words, “If you let it, this place will change you.”
The CrossFit Coach is responsible for the following:
- Guide athletes through daily workouts (WODs), while creating a fun and productive atmosphere for them to achieve their goals.
- Understand and demonstrate functional movements, understand and explain the CrossFit methodology, and have the necessary skills to scale and modify movements and/or workouts for any ability level and/or physical limitation that a member may have.
- Must possess an excellent working knowledge of CrossFit principles, strength and conditioning techniques/programming, mobility techniques and anatomy and physiology
- Must have excellent “People Skills” and the ability to effectively lead groups in a manner that will educate, entertain and inspire our clients on a daily basis
- Start and end class on time.
- Welcome any new members or prospects.
- Sign in and account for all athletes attending each class.
- Wear proper coaching attire.
- Handle basic membership inquiries; provide information about our program and schedule intro sessions. Assist with sales of new memberships and merchandise.
- Teach additional programs, such as endurance programs, strength clinics, etc. (Continued education encouraged.)
- Participate in community events that take place throughout the year.
- Provide athletes with health and fitness guidance on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives.
- Assist in keeping all the gym area and its equipment clean and organized. At CrossFit Bangor, our members’ safety and happiness is of the utmost importance, followed closely by the achievement of their goals, as well as the camaraderie and community among members and staff. It will be up to you as the Coach to lead by example and, on a daily basis, foster and strengthen the community we have created.
- CrossFit L1, additional certifications desirable
- CPR/AED Certified
Estimated Time Commitment:
- 10-20 hours/every two weeks
- Coach/Owner meetings up to 1x/month
- Encouraged and challenged to assist the development of new programs and services.
- Work on individual projects, and implement other initiatives under direction from the owners.
- Opportunities to earn more revenue through other programs, activities, or initiatives set forth by the owners.
Job Type: Part-Time Job: Bangor Maine
Job Type: Employee
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour based upon experience
- CrossFit Coach: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Occasional)
- Evening (Must)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CrossFit level 1?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find a consistent pace on the bike and maintain it throughout each round and look to go unbroken on the Ball Slams. For the Post Workout Skill advance through the different scaling options and practice to improve your gymnastic skill set.
DB Snatch (50/35) (35/20)
POST WORKOUT SKILL
ON A 12:00 RUNNING CLOCK
Practice Handstands or Handstand Walk
*Suggested Drills Include… 0-4 Mins – Wall Supported HS, Box Supported Pike Hold, or Wall Walk 4-8 Mins – Bear Crawl, Box Supported Walk, Shoulder Taps or HS Walk 8-12 Mins – Free Play / Coach Guidance
Techniques and Drills
30 mins to find heavy snatch for the day
30 mins to find heavy CJ for the day
STATION 1 Tabata Row
STATION 2 Tabata DB Push Press
STATION 3 Tabata Sit-ups
STATION 4 Tabata Push-ups
*Tabata is :20 of work with :10 of rest for 8 rounds (4:00 total)
Athletes will put their leg strength to the test and look to build to a heavy single for the day. For the workout athlete should find a weight on the Front Squat that will challenge them, but will allow them to move efficiently for as many reps possible within the 1:00 time frame.
ON A 20:00 RUNNING CLOCK
Build to 1RM Front Squat
EMOM x 9 MINUTES
MIN 1 – Max Front Squats (155/105)|(115/75)
MIN 2 – Max Barbell Front Rack Hold
MIN 3 – Max Knee 2 Elbow* *GHDSU Optional
Build to a confident 1RM to begin our new strength cycle. We are looking for a very heavy single without breakdown of mechanics.
STRENGTH ON A 15:00 RUNNING CLOCK
Build to 1RM Push Press
35 Double Unders 15 Push Press (115/75)|(75/55)
35 Double Unders 12 Push Press (135/95)|(95/65)
35 Double Unders 9 Push Press (165/115)|(115/75)
5 ROUNDS FOR TIME
25/22 Cal Row
15 Burpees to Plate
7 Bar Muscle-Ups
COOL DOWN FOR RECOVERY
2:00 Pec Release (L) 2:00 Pec Release (R) 2:00 Child’s Pose
IN TEAMS OF 2 FOR TIME*
60 Front Squats (135/95)|(95/65)
50 Clean & Jerk
40 Power Snatch
30 Clusters **Cluster is Squat Clean directly into Thruster
*Partner 1 works while Partner 2 rests. Complete the workout in order. Split up the work between partners any way.
COOL DOWN 2 SETS 1:00 Scorpion Stretch (L) 1:00 Scorpion Stretch (R) 1:00 Cobra Stretch 1:00 Child’s Pose
3 ROUNDS FOR TIME
400m Run (500m Row or 30/25 cal bike)
21 KB Swings (53/35)|(35/26)
Class Sled Push Challenge
AMFAP (As Many Feet As Possible)
Men 135 (3 45# plates)
Women 90 (2 45# plates)
*Each class will accumulate as many 50ft sled push for a TOTAL of feet in 5 mins
* All 3 sled can be moving at once
*Turf is 50ft
FINISHER 5 SETS 10 Strict Toes 2 Bar or Strict Knee Raise -Rest as Needed b/t Sets
AMRAP x 21 MINUTES
40 Walking Lunges
20 Deficit Push-Ups* (Deficit of 2″, 4″ or 6″)
20 Box Jumps (30/24)
Topic: Full movement: Snatch
Techniques and Drills
Complex 1: SGDL + Snatch Pull + Hang Muscle Snatch
Complex 2: Snatch Pull + Hang Power Snatch + Snatch Balance
Complex 3: Power Snatch + 2 OHS
Complex 4: Snatch + OHS
250m Row or 300m Run
25 Kettlebell Swings
3 x 5 Thruster*
*Keep loading moderate and reps TNG for all three sets. Bar should start on ground.
“JACKIE” FOR TIME
50 Thrusters (45/35)|(35/15)
COOL DOWN FOR RECOVERY 3:00 Foam Rolling Upper Back 3:00 Foam Rolling Quads